Here is the problem in a nutshell.
- You can’t just say “Look Amazon, I’m the artist that created the design please remove the thieves stealing from me and other sellers like me”.
- You can’t just send an email with a supporting link to where you first published your work.
- You can’t even ask them to look at the date when you published the work on Amazon. Nope! That’s way to simple.
You have to do ALL of that and more. They want you to actually buy a copy of the Chinese counterfeit from the people stealing from you.
Amazon has done everything they can to make Chinese counterfeits available in the Amazon marketplace. After all it is an “Open Market” and well just read the letter below and you will see what I mean.
Greetings from XXXX at Amazon Seller Support,
Thank you for reaching out to us concentrating this request. I understand the importance of ensuring not only accurate information but to protect the brand as well because this can impact the business.
Amazon respects a manufacturer’s right to institute policies and rules to manage and control the distribution of its products. However, Amazon considers the enforcement of these policies and rules to be a matter between the manufacturer and the retailers. As a result, it would not be appropriate for Amazon to assist in such enforcement activities. You may contact any seller directly through Amazon.com’s website by selecting their storefront name and then clicking on the ‘Ask a Question’ button in the upper right-hand corner.
If you believe a seller on Amazon is infringing upon your trademark rights, we ask that you provide all of the following to our Copyright and Trademark Agent:
– The ASIN/ISBN of the item’s detail page and the product title
– The store or business name of the seller you are reporting
– A concise explanation of the violation
– Proof of the violation:
–Amazon.com Order ID of a test buy that confirms the violation
–Copy of your trademark registration certificate
—Proof of purchase for the product’s UPC bar code
—Photos of the item(s) you received in the test buy
– Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address
– A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the trademark owner or authorized to act on the trademark owner’s behalf.
By email: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports/infringement?referral=/////
Amazon.com Legal Department
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108
Amazon.com Legal Department
410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109-5210
All reports are thoroughly investigated by our investigations team. For privacy reasons, the results of our investigations cannot be disclosed, but be assured we will take any disciplinary actions we find appropriate.
If there was another action which Seller Support could take regarding this request, I would be happy to do everything in my power to do so. Any restrictions or changes to the marketplace must be thoroughly investigated by the concerns teams following their policies. The information to reach out to the team for this request is included in the message body above.
Thank you for your time and understanding.